How ScholarTrips Works
- Create a video or written essay that answers who your ideal travel companion is (can be living or dead), where you would go, and why.
- Fill out the ScholarTrips entry form and upload your video or essay between October 6 and November 6.
- The top 6 entries will be grand prize winners and awarded a $2,500 scholarship to study or volunteer abroad.
- The 10 second prize winners will receive a $1,000 scholarship.
- The 25 third prize winners will receive a $500 scholarship.
- Winners will be announced on December 20.
- You must be a legal U.S. resident and a current student over the age of 14 from an accredited high school, trade school, university, or college.
- Your entry must be 60-90 second video – OR – a 500-word essay that answers the question: Who your ideal travel companion is (can be living or dead), where you would go, and why.
- Video submissions must be provided as WMV, MOV, or MP4 files.
- Essay submissions must be provided as a MS Word document or as a PDF.
All entries will be scored according to the following criteria:
- Passion—Explain why visiting another country is important to you.
- Impact—Tell us what going abroad will allow you to do—and be specific!
- Creativity—Use your imagination and answer the question in a unique way.
Videos must not use copyrighted music or content without giving due credit.